- Logistics of inventory
- Book delivery transportation
- Generate sales orders
- Order bookings
- Input bookings into appropriate software (e.g., ERP software)
- Stock management
- Planning of operations
- Liaise with customer, sales and account team
- forklift operation for inwards and outwards truck
- oversee OH&S and regulations
- maintain warehouse in clean, tidy and efficient condition
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- 5 years of experience in Timber Yard
- Knowledge in ERP Software
- Knowledge and experience with Barcode Operations
Skills & competencies
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Current Driver’s license
- Timber and building industry knowledge preferable
This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.